How to grow grapes
If you’re a grape lover then this is the article that will help you learn how to grow grapes. There are some specific instructions that you will have to follow strictly if you want to have the best results on learning how to grow grapes. This type of fruits needs a lot of sun and moderate watering and a lot of time for care. So, here the instructions that you will have to follow to learn how to grow grapes:
- The first step that you will have to learn in how to grow grapes is to choose the type of grapes you want to grow. Go to a local nursery and have a chat with some specialists about it. They will give you an advice on how to choose the type of grapes to plant depending on the area you’re living.
- The next step is to plant your cuttings in a sunny area in a location that’s perfect for growing fruits. This type of fruit loves ample heat. If you will offer your plantation a shaded place you will have to fight with fungus disease.
- When it comes for the soil that’s perfect for you to learn how to grow grapes is a fast draining and a loamy one. Growing gapes can become difficult because they’re having deep roots and the best solution for you is to amend the soil deeper and deeper and add some organic compost at a depth of 24 to 36 inches.
- You should also know that adding a trellis or some other type of support for your vines is another step you have to take in learning how to grow grapes. You can “train” your grapes to grow towards south. The traditional vines stakes will always keep your grapes off the ground.
- Clip off the grapes when you can see that they are dormant. You will produce your own grapes on a one year old wood on the stems that were formed the past year. You will have to retain the basic framework from the past season and remove all the long runners. This will help you keep the plants compact and control them better.
- The best period for you to remove the long runners of your vines is in the mid-season. This is the last important tip that will help you learn how to grow grapes.