English Cottage Garden Design
If you want to decorate your backyard using the English cottage garden design then we are here to tell you have a lot of work ahead of you. To achieve this style you are going to have plant a lot of flowers and trees because the English like crowded green areas. To help you we are going to give you some simple tips so that you can achieve the design you want it a short period of time.
- To achieve the English cottage garden design you first have to plant a lot of flowers and trees just like we mentioned earlier. At the beginning you should only plant one type of flower this way you will not feel overwhelmed when it is time to care for them. Add a fence on each side of the path you should have in your garden, you can choose whatever color you want for the fence but most English people choose white.
- Buy some garden furniture and place it in your back yard. It does not matter how much you spend on it and what material it is made out of you just have to add a couple of elements which are specific to the English design like: folded quilt instead of a chair pillow.
- Create a screen of flowers around your chairs and table. For this you should choose only flowers that love the sun. You can use flowers like: lavender, daily lilies, ornamental grass, yarrow, Russian sage and rose of Sharon.
- Create an inviting entrance, this is the key element in an English cottage garden. You should create a mix of flowers and trees that will lead you to the center point of the garden. If you do not know where to place the entrance of the garden you can simply put it at the entrance of your house.
- Make sure that you choose only flowers that will grow in your area because if you do not the flowers you plant will not adapt to your climate. To make sure that they are write for you read the label that comes with the flower
This is the English cottage garden design and all the things that you need to do in order to achieve it. If you lack inspiration or imagination look online at photos which were decorated using this design. Make a plan before you start decorating in order to be in control of your time and money.